Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: Ghost

I used to work in the fragrance department at Macy's many many many years ago.  My favorite moments are when someone would come up and say, "I'm looking for a perfume for my mom."  I follow up with, "Well, what kinds of scents does she like?"  Their response: "Something floral."
....
......... Really?  You gotta give me more than that, buddy.

I'm sure most of you are aware (assuming I have an audience of Lushies) that different flowers produce a vast array of different scents.  Rose does not smell like jasmine does not smell like gardenia does not smell like lily.  I could go on forever.  But I won't.  I'm here to write a review about the wonderful limited edition shower gel, Ghost.

Ghost shower gel and Pumpkin soap!
It's white (hence the name) with iridescent glitter.  The glitter does not come off on your body, so it really just looks pretty in the bottle.  And boy, is it pretty. (:

Ghost has a nice floral scent.  LOL.  It smells like lilies.  Do you like lilies? Chances are, they probably don't offend you.  It's a really mild, sweet smell.  I will warn you, though, smelling Ghost directly from the bottle is kind of like taking a whiff of grandma's linen closet.  It's pretty pungent.  But once you shower with it, it's wonderful!

Also, it's very liquidy.  I'm used to thick shower gels like Back for Breakfast and It's Raining Men, which are both honey based.  Ghost is runny, so be careful not to use too much -- it's still a Lush product and a little goes a long way!

I'm a little bummed that this is a limited edition item that only comes around Halloween time, but I'll definitely get another bottle next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment