Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cocktail: Vanillary Lust

Yesterday, Lush NA released 13 new fragrances -- currently only available online:
  1. Love
  2. The Smell of Weather Turning
  3. Ladyboy
  4. 1000 Kisses
  5. Dear John
  6. B Scent
  7. Superworld Unknown
  8. Cocktail
  9. Smell of Freedom Part 1: Fire Tree
  10. Smell of Freedom Part 2: Old Delhi Station
  11. Smell of Freedom Part 3: Qudh Heart
  12. Inhale
  13. Exhale
 I ordered sample sizes of the ones in bold. :D
Yesterday, Lush NA also had a Twitter chat party to exclusively talk about Lush perfumes.  Although I did not win any prizes (I never do -- too slow!) I did learn something terrific.

I am head over heels in love with my Vanillary solid perfume.  I rub a little on my  neck and my wrists, and it will last about half the day.  I've discovered that the point of perfume (for me, at least) isn't for smelling good to other people -- it's about smelling good for yourself!  I love turning my head and catching a whiff of the warm, vanilla fragrance on my neck.  It really makes me feel beautiful.

I purchased a Lust solid perfume, hoping I would like it because I love jasmine.  Turns out, it's too potent for me.  So what I do is "mix it" with my Vanillary solid perfume, and it works!  The vanilla really tones down the jasmine and I love the scent, so I started wearing both and layering them on my skin.  I had wondered if I could just melt a little of the two -- maybe 1/3 Lust and 2/3 Vanillary -- and re-solidify it in a perfume tube.  It would work, right?  Well thanks, Lush, for validating my assumption!  Now I'm eager to make my own concoction. :D

Another thing I like to do with Lush perfumes is add them to lotion.  For example, you could take a small amount of Vanilla Dee-Lite and add 2-3 spritzes of Lust perfume in it to make a scented lotion.  Warning: the alcohol in the perfume will dry out the lotion a little.  I also wouldn't mix too much at a time -- you never know how the contents in the perfume will react to the natural ingredients in Lush lotions.  I like to mix a handful plus one spritz of perfume -- it's enough lotion to cover my arms and chest and leaves me with a fragrance that lingers all day.  If you really really want to mix a small batch, I wouldn't keep it around for more than a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment