Monday, October 17, 2011

Review: Sympathy for the Skin

All Lush lotions are top notch.  They contain quality ingredients, and are each so different (their scent AND their effects on skin) that there's something for everyone.  Although I use many lotions for many different reasons, Sympathy for the Skin is my absolute favorite.

There are real bananas in this lotion.  Real bananas!  (Not sure if you can see the seeds/fiber in the picture)  It's such an ingenious way of using natural, raw ingredients to soften skin.  It's then mixed with fair trade cocoa butter and almond oil to keep you moisturized all day.  I used some this morning and 6 hours later, my arms are still soft and smooth!

At first I was turned off by the mild scent of banana.  But the warm vanilla overpowers it and now I don't even smell the banana anymore... only a yummy vanilla-y, custard-y fragrance.  Makes me want to take a bite of my arm every time I smell it!

You may think $26 is expensive for a 8.4oz container of lotion, but because there is very little (if any?) water added to Lush lotions, a little bit goes a long way.  My hands get very tight and dry after just getting them wet, let alone washing them.  And I have an infant, so I'm washing my hands a lot.  I use Sympathy every time after I wash my hands and this tub has lasted months!  But I don't mind splurging on lotion.  Just like taking care of your teeth, you gotta take care of your skin -- it's the only set you'll have for your entire life. (:

MY SCORE: 4 out of 5

Why am I giving my favorite lotion only a 4?
Because the scent doesn't really last.  It's mild and wears off after a few hours.  Some people may like that -- they don't want an overpowering scent.  But I love the smell of this sooo much that I wish it would last all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment