Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Ruby Red Slippers

"Pretty" is the first word that comes to mind.  I put it in the palm of my hand and couldn't stop looking at the glitter.  I'm like a bird -- I'm attracted to sparkly things!  It's pretty obvious why they call it Ruby Red Slippers.

What's in it:  Rose oil extract, carnation extract, tangerine oil.
I did smell the rose extract, but also something spicy (not like a pepper; more like a cinnamon), which I suspect was the carnation extract.  The overall smell was pretty mild and not overpowering.  It didn't leave my bathroom fragrant, like many other Lush bubble bars and bath bombs tend to do.

This bubble bar is about the size of two solid shampoo bars.  I cut it into quarters, which is plenty of bubbles for a bath.  After cracking it open, I realize that the ultra-fine red glitter is only on the outside of the bar. 

How to use:  Crumble the bar under running water.  The agitation of the water creates more bubbles.  If you have access to a tub with spa jets, watch out!  Those bubbles will dominate and spill over!  Fortunately, I do not have such luxuries so I don't have to worry about that. (:

The water turned pink, not red -- maybe because I only used 1/4 of the bar.  If I had used the entire bar (I have no idea why anyone would!  That's a lot of bubbles!) the water would be more red.  Also, the glitter gets lost in the water below all the bubbles so the "fun" really didn't last too long.  The glitter doesn't stick to your skin, either, which is a good thing.  But I did find some of it left in the tub after the water drained out!  No worries, one quick rinse and they were all gone.

MY SCORE: 3 out of 5

Compared to other Lush bubble bars, this one's pretty mediocre.  The fragrance is mild, and there's no skin softening agents added.  It is festive and attractive looking, but I got more glitter out of half a Dragon's Egg than this bubble bar.  I'm glad it's only seasonal.  I wouldn't use it as a staple year-round product.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet review.

    I wonder if that's part of the reason that it was only available during the forum party/online....

    After next week we'll know if it's back in stores for the holidays :P

    Love, Peace and Soap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I almost ordered one of these online, but it sounds like its a good thing I didn't.

    ReplyDelete